"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, November 26, 2012

Ribbon Streamers: A Homemade Christmas

I challenged myself about a month ago to make as many homemade gifts as I could for my children this year. We have a tradition in our little family to do 3 Gifts of Christmas.  Gift of Meaning, Gift of Usefulness and the Gift of Wonder.  The stocking is not included and can be filled with as many fun things that will fit :)  That is where my homemade challenge falls into place here. I have made several stocking stuffers and my children's gift of meaning for my 3 kids and I'll be sharing those with you over the next little bit.

Second homemade item this year are these Ribbon Streamers.

I first saw streamers on etsy, and thought how fun and easy they would be to make.  I bought very large D Rings from Joann's   They also have spools of ribbon for 50 cents each.  You simply tie your ribbon onto the rings in the length that you like.  That is it.  For around $5 I was able to make 4 streamers and I even have ribbon left over to make more. 

I am so excited to see my girls dancing around, waving these ribbon streamers as they giggle!

5 comments:

April said...

That is so cute. I might have to make these too.

Christy said...

I love this idea! My daughter loves to dance, and I know she would have a blast with this. Coming over from TT&J. Have a great week.!

Unknown said...

Stopped over from I Heart Naptime. Your streamers are so cute. I would love to have your add them to my Our Favorite Things Link Party.
http://mylifesatreasure.blogspot.com/2012/12/our-favorite-things-link-party-25.html
Have a wonderful week.

Unknown said...

Adorable! Came over from A Girl and a Glue Gun. I may have to make some for gifts :)
bugaboo, mini, mr & me

Cindy said...

LOVE these!! Christmas is closing in fast, but I'll going to keep this in mind for a Valentine surprise for my girlies!