"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, December 10, 2010

Gift of Meaning....12 days of Christmas for your hubby

 I am pretty excited about this gift.  Who wouldn't love 12 gifts before Christmas?!?!  Well my hubby is so deserving so for his Gift of Meaning this year this is what I have decided to do....12 days of little meaningful items. 
Things he uses and things he eats. 
I am going to drop these off to him at work everyday for 12 days.....just to make it more meaningful for him.
I went right along with the song.  I didn't make it to different.  I wrapped up the items as man-ly as I could using brown paper bags and twine.  I used the numbers from here and made a card and tied them onto each bag.  Inside the card is the words of the song for that day.
Here are some of the items I have ready....
Here is the list of all the items I am doing for each day:
(I will buy the milk and fries on the day of)
DAY 1-can of pears
2-turtle candy bar
3-French Fries
4-Notepad
5-bag of Funyuns
6-Egg Nog
7-body wash
8-Chocolate milk
9-socks
10-Jerky sticks (for ten "jerks" a leaping
11-hair gel (for eleven pipers "primping"
12-Peanuts (jar looks like a drum)

I am so excited to start giving these away this week :)

6 comments:

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

What a great idea!!!

Amy said...

So clever!! Love it! I think I might try this with my hubby too!

Amy K said...

Great idea!! I think it's so important to make the hubby feel special in the chaos of the holidays!

Lisa said...

Very cute idea especially for the guy that is hard to buy for! I'll have to remember this for next year.

Marianne said...

How inventive. I will this in mind till next year. Thank you for sharing at Holly Bloggy.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute idea!
Thanks for sharing it!
-Anna
shinelikeglitter.blogspot.com